Friday, July 20, 2012

Alone Rewrite 3

Note: Wrote this a while ago.



Alone Rewrite 3
________

I speed through school halls where there should be teenagers wandering about and fiddling about in their lockers.

The War had finally started and I was checking each and every space for students who didn’t get to the Gym quickly enough. Vampires were everywhere but I had no time, some tried to grab me, some shot at me and others tried to bite me. None succeeded or if they did I shoved them out of the way, 3 quarters of the school I had searched.

I’d found only 5 students, 2 dead, 2 being attacked and 1 was barely alive. I’d raced them to the gym destroying anything in my path, my energy crackling and swirling around me. Providing a barrier, I had broken 2 of my seals. Already my sword was moving about in front of me, controlling it with my thoughts I watched the blade slice through everything that got in my way. But still I couldn’t find her, my charge, the one I had to protect. Even at the cost of my life she must live, my oath to protect her could not shatter.

I could still feel her, but it was faint. Another vampire jumped in front of me, changing into my wolf I charged through it as claws connected severing the head. I didn’t stop to watch the body decomposing to catch up to the years it had lived. More vampires came at me screeching and hissing going for my throat. One hit me and smashed me through the wall into a classroom, rolling I dislodged him and bit into his neck and tore while my foot was planted on his chest. Another one gone, how many were there?

As I turned I felt as my charges energy surged, trouble. Her energy surge rising because of a high emotion, Fear.

Smashing through walls and tearing down anything in my path I reached her, ghouls had circled her. Wasting no time I changed back as much human as I could and broke seal 3.

Energy surged around me as my armor formed on my body, the ghouls just started turning as I grabbed my sword and swung through one and shattered the one behind its skull. Three others became limp bodies as I sliced and spun upwards. Changing again I chucked her on top of me and thundered through the halls. Armor still forming on my shoulders, vampires came at me. Putting my body in front of my charge they scratched and tore my body as the sword worked creating a path to the gym.

Upon coming to the door I changed form again opened the door and through her in as at least 7 vampires slammed into my small frame. The door not able to hold broke.

As soon as I landed I killed the first 2 lying next to me as I stabbed them both in the heart with a tactful lunge. Another swing got three as they pounced again, fangs glinting. 2 more came from behind, I punched 1 in the face indenting his skull and slammed him into the floor splintering the wooden floor and making a small crater. The next one a little smarter jumped back millimeters from my sword as it arched past his neck and then coming down for a down ward swing he darted around me. Sticking my hand out I grabbed his neck, letting go of the sword it hovered in mid air. Grabbing his shoulders his voice rang out.

“Please don’t.” In a whisper. Then he shouldn’t have attacked me, clamping down on his shoulders I ripped his head from his shoulders and burned his body to dust from the close contact as my metal gloves formed on my hands. Breaking seal 4 and 5 I focused on a barrier around the gym, holding my hands out the archaic symbols danced around me and as I sent them fourth. This would take only moments,

BANG! A shot rang through the air. Time slowed down even more as I checked where the bullet was coming and going to impact.

I watch as it headed for my head and noticed it was silver my sword danced in front of me to protect as shots rang out. But trying to erect a large barrier and fend off bullets, one was going to get through. Then just as I knew it would my sword missed one. The trajectory path wouldn’t hit me but the girl behind me, my other self didn’t like her. Should I let it hit?

NO, he might yell at me the other self screamed. So I stepped in front of her stop the bullet, I couldn’t move the sword quick enough just using my mind.

I felt it hit my armor on my chest. But because it was silver it would get through, I watched helplessly as it passed through and touched my skin. Pain ignited and the burning started as it still moved through my body. Slowing it down was all I could wish for. The pain as I remembered was excruciating, stumbling I continued building the barrier as more bullets rained towards me.

Breaking seal 6 the energy erupted like lightning and then the barrier was complete, it would hold I hoped.

Dropping my hands, I fell to my knees. The clang of the recently formed metal was like an echo in my head. I spun around looking past all the faces that my other self spends her time with. There were hundreds of people close together, fear emanating of them in massive waves. It burned my nose.

The muffled sobs and crying quieted down as I heard a crunch behind me, turning around I moved my head out of the way as the only vampire left swung at me. Dodging I grabbed his neck and ripped up a plank of wood from the broken floor around me and slammed it into his chest. I watched as he turned to dust, an older vampire. We were lucky he was the only one so far.

Again I noticed the burning pain racking my body I tilted forward and blacked out.

“Kelly!” someone screamed out, the name my other self uses.

No comments:

Post a Comment