Friday, July 20, 2012

Alone

Just a note, this is stuff I wrote years ago.




Alone
_____

Claire’s POV

The moon is rising, I have to keep moving. I can already feel the tingling sensation numbing me. My chest feels like it’s about to rip open, she wants out. But I have to reach somewhere safe first. I haven’t lived this long to get caught in this situation again. I always planned nights like this one carefully. It’s the only time that I can’t stop it. She must break free. If I keep her in too long she’ll burst out of her cage where I keep her under lock and key. These nights I’m much more dangerous than you could imagine and I’m only 13. Well 13 for a long time anyway, emphasis on the long and no I’m not going into detail. If you haven’t guessed by now what I mean I’ll spell it out for you. I’m what you call a Werewolf and right now the Moon is rising. Tonight the moon is full and I don’t have a choice but to change. Unfortunately I can’t change yet. I’m to close to the city and I’d rather not be shot or wake up in the pound. Yes that has happened and let me tell you, it wasn’t funny. Well not for me anyways. I knew that the darts put me to sleep now. Tranqlizers they called them and no I don’t pay much attention in the world. I’ve been told I’m simple minded.

Tonight I had been careless. I was so enticed into the TV that I fell asleep. I’d only noticed about an hour ago what I was meant to be doing. Now I have to find a safe haven somewhere in the city instead of my nice and cosy house just out of the city.

I’ve owned it since the beginning of the 1900th century and that’s only one of my houses. I’m not really hell bent on being rich but it does make everything a lot easier. I took it for granted and now I’ve got private inspectors breathing down my neck. I should snap there’s. But that’s not me talking. Well it is my instincts anyway and it’s hard trying to suppress them. When I change I found that my wolf self tends to prefer eating animals than actual people and I try to make sure she does as well. Unfortunately when I’m like that I’m not really in control of myself, more a backseat driver and she likes being petted, unusual I know.  Kind of ruins the whole scary werewolf thing right? Not really. When I first changed I nearly killed my brother. Luckily he knew it was me at the time and the only way to get changed revolves around getting large quantities of werewolf blood mixed into your blood stream.

It hurt like hell too and I didn’t get a choice in the matter.

I was walking back to my parents house a very long time ago and stumbled across a man named Caren, who at the time. Took my breath away, I was engaged at the time. I know, 13 is pretty young to get married. But I loved my fiancé with all my heart. He was killed by Caren and I was dragged away. He told me ‘You’re the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen’. I thought he was crazy. I thought he’d completely lost it when he drew the knife from his pocket cutting his wrist in the process. Before I could even scream he had cut mine as well and smashed both our bloodied wrists together. After I’d passed out I’d been out of it for 3 days. Only awake enough of the time to hear a few words I couldn’t understand and screaming in agony. When I woke up on the 4th day my whole body was in pain. During that time he’d told me what he’d done to me and I’d screamed and cried at him for the remainder of the week as he’d brought half dead people to me. I couldn’t control myself at the time. It’s a painful memory.

After that I’d never looked at the world the same way.

My brother found me about a month later. He helped me get away, but not before he’d disposed of Caren with my help. Caren was a pure blood. So that made me the last one left. The last with pure blood in there veins.  Making me a prized possession to any other werewolf or hunter.  We’d travelled everywhere after that.

My brother never thought of me as a werewolf. At least I think he didn’t. In those days I’d stayed in wolf form because it had been more comfortable. I’d stayed by his side until he settled down and made a family. I’d left him then, but remained protecting them and his descendants until up to now. I suspected he knew. The day he died I’d howled until the sun rose. I still howl for him. I’d attended his funeral from afar. There were many people and even in human form I’m afraid of crowds. I’d really stick out because I’m a werewolf. I’d scared everyone attending when I started howling for him.

These days I’ve tried to mould into society to better protect his blood line. Through the centuries past I’ve always stayed by there side, mostly from afar and they’ve wrote story’s about me. To them I’m an ancient ancestor who still protects them now, in spirit. If only they knew.

I’d reached the park now and I knew I couldn’t go any further. The pain is too great.

I ran into the park mostly as a blur and changed in the bushes. First came the pins and needles, then the cage that I’d tried to hide my true self in ripped open. I gasped struggling to breath and arching my back. The change was coming on quickly and I was in extreme pain. I’d waited to long and as the change ripped through every part of my body I fell to the ground, vision blurring, sharpening and changing, senses become so acute I smelled the bin 20 meters away from me and puked. Making the pain even worse then it was. As my senses were already acute in my sort of human form. Yes I’ve forgotten what I used to look like after spending year after year as a wolf with my brother. Not that I regretted it and as the memories came flooding back. The pain lessened and I felt some comfort.

How long has it been since I’ve ever gotten close to someone. I’d only met a few people after my brother who accepted me. 2 of those were from his blood line and when I come to think of it. I don’t exactly know how old I am. Wolf instinct demands hardly let me think like that any more. I would check it later after I’ve cooled off.

As I’d already had my tail, ears and some other features still wolf in my human form the change didn’t take long and the wolf in me relished in being herself. We both enjoyed it. We both didn’t want to go back to human after this. But I knew I had to. Even if some characteristics were just a little different.

For example, humans don’t have tails. Even in human form I still have my tail. I also have my wolf ears which stick out on top of my head. If you’re wondering why, I can’t remember what my ears looked like and my tail stays to comfort me. My teeth, eyes and probably something else but I don’t take much notice aren’t normal either. Hearing from the top of my head is natural to me now because of the years gone by.

I remember when I last talked to my brother in human form I was slightly more human. I still had my tail and ears, possibly my eyes as well. I couldn’t talk to him properly either. These days I settle for being a mute. I can hardly remember how to talk like a human. I’ve tried really hard but so far I can only manage short words that really hurt my throat. I get my meanings across using my emotions and physical actions and I can still slightly write. I was never taught properly either so it’s an achievement because I’m too scared to try out a school. I don’t like being alone but I’m too scared to try. My lawyers nice but I don’t trust him.

Unfortunately my brother’s blood line has slimed in numbers this past decade. There’s only a handful left and I’ve centred myself on protecting the blind one of the family. She wasn’t born blind. I watched from a tree just off from the school road everyday. Watching her, wishing that someone would help me cure my loneliness. I felt confused. Wolf was in control and she wanted it more than anything. I know I wouldn’t harm her or anyone else in her family. I can smell my brother’s blood moving through their veins.
I went over to her house and sat below her bedroom window when I wasn’t hungry anymore. I could smell her, it made me feel safe and warm and I fell asleep.


Sam’s POV

I woke up from the noises outside my room. They swallowed me up and overwhelmed me. I was used to waking up like this. Ever since I lost my sight 4 years ago. Painful memories stirred of when I used to be able to run around and play with my friends and see the colour around me. Seeing the flowers and grass, the clear water and staring into the sky. It hurt knowing that I could never do most of that ever again. Instead I see a never ending sea of white. No shadows, no blurry outlined figures. Just the cold emptiness of seeing nothing but that White Sea.

I got up and walked over to my wardrobe hoping that it was right where I left it even though I knew it would be there.

My hand touched it and I began changing into my school clothes. I still missed never being able to see my beautiful hair and I wondered what I looked like now. I knew a lot had changed. I was told my eyes were the brightest blue, my hair was a honey brown and I was constantly told by my mother that I was beautiful. But really I didn’t know, I’d never know.
I was still short but it didn’t bother me. It actually helped my blindness.

As I left my room I heard a sound as if someone was jumping outside. I only heard it once though so it was probably nothing and I couldn’t go check without damaging my ego. Something was defiantly out there though.

**************
Claire’s POV

I woke to the rising of the sun still in wolf form. I changed back to my near human state and climbed the tree near her window. I looked at my self in the reflection, nothing different. Same old glowing blue eyes. My brother’s blood line had still kept that traight. My hair had changed colour when I became a Werewolf, it was now a bright white with strands of black that were darker in some places. It reminded me that I looked like a beautiful white wolf. I smiled and kept a tighter lock on my cage. I wanted to be wolf again. At least I blended in with wolves, I had the height of a 10 year old so my body mass was average in wolf terms.

I own her families house so it won’t be demolished. It’s old and looks odd among the different buildings that line the street, out of date. I would get the house rebuilt and the occupants a house somewhere close by to stay until it was completed. Then they could move back in. The house was falling apart and I knew it needed to be demolished. I’d had to do it so many times now to my houses. I would have to ask Jerry. He was not just my lawyer, he was a bunch of other things. He knew what I was and looked after me and my funds. I knew he took money from me but I didn’t mind. I had a fortune and he was smart enough that no one else would notice. We had an agreement.

I jumped down from the tree and settled in the bushes just out side the living room windows. Watching her as she sat down and ate some breakfast. Her brother wasn’t home much anymore. I liked him because he reminded me of my brother in looks and how he acted.

My stomach growled and I growled back at it.

I left to go back to my house just as one of her friend’s arrived to walk with her to school.



Sam’s POV

I walked down stairs to the kitchen to get my breakfast from my Dad. I was never going to see my Mum again. She died as I lost my sight. I have disliked my Dad since that day. He was driving.
“Here’s your breakfast Sam.” My Dad said and he placed the plate in my hands. I muttered a ‘thanks and headed for the living room to eat. He hated it when I did.

Just as I finished I heard another out of the ordinary sound from out side and placed my plate on the kitchen table when I heard Millie walk up the steps to our front door.

Because I’m blind my other senses are more acute. My doctor explained that it’s my body’s way to compensate for no eye sight. It has its upsides.

Just as she was about to knock I opened the door and let Millie in.
“It’s really freaky when you do that Sam.” Millie said as she came in the door. I shrugged and got my school bag from the hanger just by the door. I called to Dad
“I’m leaving for school now Dad!”
“Ok Sam. Be careful today!” He called back from the Kitchen.





Claire’s POV


I got back to my house in less than 10 minutes. Anyone who saw me, which I highly doubt. Only saw a blur pass. My hair flowed around me as I stopped in front of the door. It then started sitting around my neck and shoulders.

I walked in through the front door and headed straight towards the kitchen. I opened the fridge and dug out some food and immediately began chewing it. It was good and I tried to savour the taste as long as I could. That wasn’t very long.

I had a bath and got dressed for the new day. Not that needed a wash or anything. It was just what people did these days. I don’t blame them either. Some people nearly make me throw up its that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment