Friday, July 20, 2012

Ice Prison

Note: Wrote a while ago




Angel

Ice Prison

*****************

So cold, I’m numb all over. Why? I can’t feel anything. I can’t smell anything, I’m scared. I can’t see, I can’t open my eyes. I feel cold. Every bone in my body feels like ice and my minds fuzzy. I try to reach out mentally and smash into a solid wall sending my mind haywire. And just as this was sending me crazy a massive pressure was released from body. I felt it now, the ice in my stomach. Memories rushing back in waves. I felt my body start healing, I still couldn’t move. Still nothing.


I felt cold and wet, my nose was burning and my throat raw. My mind was in frenzy, trying to reach out to anything to keep me sane. But finding nothing. When the pain smacked into me I couldn’t suppress it, there was nothing for my mind to hold onto. Memories and feelings jumbled up. Images flashing by with no meaning. A new hurt forming in my chest, what was happening and why am I hurting. My mind trying desperately to help me sought through the onslaught of pain and lost memories. Feeling combining to instinct and instinct taking over. Only to bring more pain. I couldn’t move and now I knew I was trapped. But why?

I helped my daughter into the room and sat her down in one of the chairs opposite the wall. She didn’t know what today was. Because today wasn’t meant to happen. Ages of knowledge was passed down from generation to generation. The girl in the ice was never allowed to be freed and today was her lucky day. She wouldn’t even know.

The raw energy that the sword generates was enough to power this whole facility and every square kilometre within 200 kilometre radius. We have been slowly unfreezing her and finding that more energy is released. No one knows what will happen today. But it’s being recorded for the top brass as a moment in history. So far the energy has expanded after being unfrozen about 300 square kilometres, with more each passing moment the ice is removed. This is against everything I was brought up for. But the funding that pours in each day negates that rule. They want more energy. So I give it to them.

I awoke again. My mind reaching out along with all of my senses to find nothing. My mind still hitting a wall. Sending pain through my body again.

I remember now. What happened? His betrayal.

The ice was nearly complety gone from around her leaving a girl trapped in a diamond polygon in ice. Wearing shining armour, as an ancient sword is protruding from her abdomen. She looked about 17 years old and had the wings of an angel. She’s older than most countries in the world and according to legend. The sword was never allowed to be taken out. It keeps her in an icy prison. She’ll die when she’s unfrozen and the sword has been taken out and then frozen again for scientific purposes that are none of my concern. I want the sword, that’s where the energy must be coming from.

Just as I was recapping what happened before this dark prison there was screaming pain that ripped out of my stomach. I felt it now, the sword that’s been my prison is being released. I’m still upset and oblivious to whatever I have done that deserved this cruel of a punishment.

The screaming pain rose to higher levels and I felt the dryness around me turn ice cold liquid. Senses coming online before I was ready and my mind reaching hundreds of others complete overwhelming me. My head felt like it was going to explode.

That’s when I hit something solid. Sending every sense on alert as they were still numb, wracking me with pain. I still couldn’t move. But I got an onslaught of noises and smells. I reached out with everything I had trying to put up a wall to everything. It worked for a brief second as the noise went to a deafening high. Smashing my wall to pieces and sending a wave outwards. The noises rose higher and the smell made me feel scared.

I drew back everything and tried to stand up to get away from this place. My stomach screamed in agony as it wasn’t healed yet. I opened my eyes and shut them straight away, to bright. I had also managed to see the sword in front of me. I held open my eyes and crawled towards it. As soon as I reached it I smashed it into the ground hoping it was solid enough. The sword bent and snapped in two, now I was free.

I gave the green light. Heat was disturbed to the chamber. The ice strangely didn’t melt at all. The sword must be taken out. That’s it.

“Take it out.” I called through.

Machines were aligned to the hilt and others to hold the ice in place. They began and the sword didn’t move.

It comes out a little with a little jolt and then another and another until it was free. The ice starting melting and the energy ratings shot through the roof. The girl fell to the floor the next minute and then she moved. But not much. Fear shot through me. Was this a mistake? Had I doomed us all?

Smash!! Windows broke and equipment flew everywhere. Wind smashed into me knocking me down. I got up to steady feet. Was that the energy?

The energy levels dropped and didn’t move. I stared in horror as the girl slowly opened her eyes and moved to the now distinguishable black sword. She smashed it into the floor with inhuman strength bending and then snapping the sword leaving an indent in the floor. I’ve doomed us all I thought. But the girl collapsed. Her wings twitched and then all there was was the rise and fall of her chest. What now??

I awoke to the sounds of clicks and movement all around me. Too loud, it was too loud. My eyes stung and my nose felt like its burning. I tried to move, something was holding me down. My minds jumbled again. I felt strangely slow like I’d hit my head and my ears were ringing. ‘Get out, I need to get out of here.’ I feel pain every time I push my mind out, but not mine. I don’t like it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment