Friday, July 20, 2012

Looking through Blind Eyes

Note: More old crap.




Looking through Blind Eyes

Prologue


I can feel the sun warming me. It must be morning, time to get up.

I pulled myself up and shifted my feet till they hit the floor and walked towards the window. I miss looking up at the sky. At the dreamy stars and the bright days.
But then life isn't fair and you won't get something by waiting for it. Unfortunately that was before the accident, I lost my Dad and my older brother Darren. My little sister Nikki was lucky, she was getting baby sat at the time. I don't think I was lucky, I survived I was told. But that's only half true. I lost just about everything and the only thing holding me up is Nikki.

She's too young to have to look after me, she's only just turned 13. I'm 3 years older than her and the accident happened 2 and half years ago. So she's been holding us up for 2 years, that was after all the legal proceedings any way. Now we live with our Aunt. My Mums sister, our Mum past away when Nikki was born so we didn't have a choice.


Our Aunts nice, but she doesn't make it her business to know what where doing and she's always working. Not that I mind, however it would be better for Nikki. She pays more attention to looking after me than with her friends, I wish she wouldn't. I remember her being full of life and ready to go on a moments impulse.

I needed to stretch. The sounds and smells feel like they’re pushing me over. Confusing me and temporarily paralysing me. I shook myself out of it.
Nikki was breathing softly near me, calming me. I felt better knowing she was around me. Its selfish, but it’s the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment