Friday, July 20, 2012

Excalibur

Note: My version of Excalibur.





Excalibur
___________


“No wait, wait Dad, WAIT!” “Ah.....!”

That was the day that I remember the most, that day is burned into my very essence, that day was the day I became something more and that was the day that should have never happened.

These days I’m stuck in this stupid tomb. No way out whatsoever, well until I was taken from my bastard of a friend’s side. Still I’m stuck, looking out past what I now know is called glass into a stupid museum. You’d think something like me would be stuck in a power struggle. Well not yet, you see I’m a weapon able to stop a stone boulder in its path. Provided my bearer has enough strength behind him. I’m made purely out of little old me and at the moment a damn sheath which traps me in this stupid form. As cool as some you of you may think having the power to do great things is, it’s not.

1. Anyone who wields me is bound to have quick death. No curse just the fact that during the time I was actually used instead of being stuck in this boring place. I was called something along the lines as ‘Whoever can pull this sword out of the stone is the next king’ and so on so forth.

2. How would you feel if your whole body just resisted a blow from a direct blow that’s able to crush nearly anything in its path. It really hurts.

And Finally onto 3. The day I turned 15 and I was waiting for a big surprise my Dad most likely had for me. The surprise ended up being very bad. As in your whole being being combined with materials that are red hot for one and feeling a pain so great you never knew it existed, the end doesn’t justify the means .

The way I think about all of this, birthday presents should be something simple like a cute puppy. Like the one I saw the other day before the poor thing was snatched up and taken away. Maybe not a good example though but you get the point, anyways my birthdays were always a little odd. You see, my Dad was the Blacksmith. Not just a blacksmith, the Blacksmith. He was a little a crazy, I mean look at me. Unfortunately he died a very long, long time ago so I’m kind of stuck. He mixed a little magic in with everything he made anyways and on my birthday he thought he was giving me the world. But the only thing he ever gave me was a sore neck.

You see on my birthday he thought he’d make a weapon so powerful that the only ones able to use it were him and anyone worthy enough. Unfortunately the way he went about it was all wrong, you don’t turn your own daughter into this. The only good thing about it is he put everything he had into it, unfortunately that’s what killed him. Because he literally did and the end result was that I was able to retain my human self in a manner of speaking and give me more power. But before he made me what I am, he made this stupid sheath to contain all that raw power in other words me. So wherever I go it goes, which was kind of annoying. Because whenever it touches me I revert back involuntary to this stupid form and years ago some idiot thought it would be good to put the sword by the dead king’s side so unluckily for me I sat next to my dead friend who my current self would only allow him to touch me.

At least this museum is a lot more fun than staring at a rock, note I don’t like rocks anymore.

Any way’s back to the museum, tonight nothing interesting. Yesterday was pretty funny though, a kid spilled his ice cream and a whole bunch of people fell over even after it was cleaned up.

That’s pretty sad right, well it’s the only entertainment I’ve had in 2 days.

Back to the museum again, sorry I get sigh tracked easily.

I watched as a figure wearing dark clothing approached my case. I stared out at him, probably because its the only thing I can do at the moment. I haven’t slept in a while so I kind of miss it.

But this guy didn’t move, he continued staring at me.

“Excalibur.” “These idiots don’t know what they have here.” He whispers.

Well thank god someone knows my name.

Next thing I see is a little mechanical thing cutting the glass between me and him. Oh no, I don’t like this guy. Although he is my source of freedom, but still not a good idea.

“I’ve just cut through the glass, are the vehicles ready?” He whispered into something.

I heard something on the other end, I still don’t get those things they confuse me a lot. I felt myself pushing, damn I really do want to be free.

“Shit! It is true. It’s vibrating and making some noise.”

And that’s when the alarm went off and I was pulled out of the glass case and being carried along the hallway. Taking in the sights were pretty much boring, I didn’t like art to begin with and when that’s all you look at all the time it makes you a little crazy.

And then BANG! The power struggle begins as I flew to the ground. I was jumping in my seat as the sheath fell down a bit, but didn’t let go of me.

Damn I thought blankly.

BANG! BANG! The fight continued, I wonder what these weapons were. Throwing metal stones at one another, Dad would have loved these.

I was grabbed again and the sheath came back up, I looked up to find a handsome man who looked fairly young. Different man from before though, from my position the first guy looked dead. Blood was starting to pool, yep defiantly dead or dying.

The man carrying me led me through another corridor and jumped through a window. Glass went everywhere, looked sharp to. Ouch might hurt a bit if you stepped on it.

I hit the ground with a thud again, it’s starting to get annoying.

BANG! BANG! BANG!

More fighting and BOOM! I flew through the sky and landed half sheathed.

Damn, close.

BOOM! Again and I flew up high this time, the sheath flew off and I span towards the ground.

Yes! I’ll be free when I hit the ground.

Smack! Not again, I can’t change form embedded in a tree. I need room, BANG! And I was pulled out, thank you.

Smack, back in sheath again.

Come on I thought, this is just plain mean.

I was brought up and placed in something soft and then a lid closed over me, putting me in darkness.

Great!

I could still here the fight continuing and but slowly it was getting quieter and there was a strange roar. Well this is just great, now I can’t see anything. BOOOM! There was blinding light and massive force that destroyed what I must have been carried in, the sheath perfectly unharmed just like me. No scratches whatsoever as we hit the ground again hard this time and span along the ground until I hit something and stopped. A boy, he looked down at me and then towards the fire behind me and turned around and ran straight into someone.

BANG! BANG! The struggle continued. I hope they know I’ll only release my power to who I choose. He threw the boy to the ground and snatched me up quickly, drawing me halfway. BANG! He dropped me and fell to the ground, I was nearly all the way out of my sheath now. Just a bit more! Slide the boy moved towards me, staring at me. He picked me up, drawing me out completely. BANG! I saw the metal rock coming, luckily it missed the boy.

“Hey kid!” My voice sounded funny probably from not being able to talk for so long. He looked at my reflection on the blade and dropped me, staring at me.

“I need to get out of here.” He said and he bolted in the other direction. I changed forms quickly and stretched.

“Man my neck hurts.” I stated to myself and turned around to find a man like the others, wearing black all over mouth opened wide. “What? Yours would too if you were stuck like that that long.”

No comments:

Post a Comment